Business Development Representative
Come work for Express Logistics, ranked as one of the fastest growing logistics and transportation companies in the nation as well as the No. 6 fastest growing private company in Iowa by the 2015 Inc. 5000. We are looking for highly motivated sales representatives (Freight Brokers) in the transportation industry that have a vast array of contacts including both customers and carriers.
As a Business Development Representative you are empowered to sell Express Logistics’ LTL, truckload and intermodal services. In this outside sales role, you will build your book of business by leveraging your existing relationships as well as prospecting, developing and closing new business opportunities through face to face meetings within an assigned territory. You will be the main point of contact for potential customers, while building relationships, problem solving and assessing their needs. Express Logistics will support you with training, technology and awesome co-workers.
We’re looking for risk takers – those who enjoy a challenge and have an outstanding work ethic. Ideal team members have a work hard, play hard attitude, great communication skills, and can thrive in a fast-paced work environment. If you have what it takes, join our growing team and be rewarded for your hard work with a COMPETITIVE BASE SALARY + uncapped, residual commissions + bonuses.
- Sell Express Logistics’ brokerage services within an assigned territory
- Identify, qualify and secure new business (via phone, email and face-to-face meetings) to achieve set goals
- Responsible for setting face-to-face meetings each week
- Effectively build and maintain existing relationships, managing all shipping needs and delivering exceptional customer service
- Clearly define a sales process to follow and invest sufficient time into the sales pipeline
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching the transportation market and related events, publications and announcements
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of outside sales experience within the transportation industry is a MUST (experience may include LTL, truckload or intermodal)
- Must be able to travel to pursue sales opportunities within your territory
- Must be a proven self-starter and very motivated
- Possess the “Hunter” mentality
- Ability to build and maintain a loyal customer base
- Effective negotiation and communication skills (both face to face and via phone)
- Strong PC skills
- 2 or 4 year college degree preferred
- Base salary + uncapped, residual commissions + bonuses
- Car allowance
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays, including your birthday
- Health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- 401(k) with company match
Why Express Logistics, Inc.?
Express Logistics, Inc. is an award-winning third-party logistics (3PL) provider. Our brokerage services include LTL, truckload and intermodal. Express Logistics was ranked in the 2015 Inc. 5000, placing us as a top logistics and transportation company as well as the No. 6 fastest growing private company in Iowa. At Team ELI, we deliver on our promises while building an environment where our employees love what they do and have fun doing it. Express Logistics offers professionalism combined with nationwide sales opportunities without territories, and we are a strong promoter of work/life balance (no weekends!). We are family owned and our corporate office is located in Waukee, Iowa.Apply